Halloween

Very general discussion about absolutely anything at all, go wildly off topic and chuck stuff about. Chit-chat. Witty banter. Crash air-planes. Bring your own "lemonade"

Re: Halloween

Postby kylie_koyote » 31 Oct 2015, 20:49

Oh and Happy Halloween!!!!!

:hal1:
:hal2:
:hal3:
:hal4:
"For goodness sake stop that Yankee drawl, or you'll have us all doing it before you've finished."
"OK baby - sorry - I mean, righto."
"That's better."
kylie_koyote
Air commodore
Air commodore

Reading last: Tumult in the Clouds
Reading now: Time & Chance
Reading next: so many choices...
My top chap: Ginger
Aircraft: Spitfire

Postby Fairblue » 31 Oct 2015, 21:08

kylie_koyote wrote:Oh and Happy Halloween!!!!!

:hal1:
:hal2:
:hal3:
:hal4:

Happy Halloween yourself, Kylie. So far we haven't had any trick or treaters.I wonder what I'm going to do with all those leftover sweeties? :dance:
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes
Fairblue
Air marshal
Air marshal

Reading now: War in a Stringbag - Charles Lamb
Reading next: Depends on my mood
My top chap: Bertie - who else?
Starsign: Leo

Postby tiffinata » 31 Oct 2015, 21:22

Happy Halloween.
We had one lot of trick or treaters that I can only describe as freeloading teens. No costumes.
I have a strange desire to open a couple of bottles of tomato sauce and throw them round and rip the heads off a few toys.
'....you cannot flout Nature with impunity. Treat Nature with respect, and she will tolerate you, even encourage you; but treat her with contempt, and your days are numbered.' Hits the Trail
tiffinata
Wing commander
Wing commander

Reading last: probably something on facebook.
Reading now: about a dozen books at once.
Reading next: hmmm. too many to choose from. sigh.
Aircraft: Beaufighter and Pup.

Postby Isaac Reed » 31 Oct 2015, 23:03

Things are just starting around here. Usually they swarm about like sharks. I'm staring at the pathetic bowl of candy that I have, It won't last an hour...

And Happy Halloween!!!
'There's nobody more cunning than a fellow out of his mind' - Biggles Breaks the Silence
Isaac Reed
Flight lieutenant
Flight lieutenant

Reading last: Biggles and the Black Peril
Reading now: Biggles Flies West
Reading next: Biggles in the Orient
My top chap: Bertie
Starsign: Aquarius
Aircraft: Airco DH.2 and DH Vampire

Postby Isaac Reed » 01 Nov 2015, 00:13

This one 'kid' comes up to me in a hoodie and sweatpants. I say to him 'you're older than I am!'
'How old are you?' He asks.
'15'
'16, you're never to old for free candy!'

Freeloaders.
'There's nobody more cunning than a fellow out of his mind' - Biggles Breaks the Silence
Isaac Reed
Flight lieutenant
Flight lieutenant

Reading last: Biggles and the Black Peril
Reading now: Biggles Flies West
Reading next: Biggles in the Orient
My top chap: Bertie
Starsign: Aquarius
Aircraft: Airco DH.2 and DH Vampire

Postby Fairblue » 01 Nov 2015, 01:56

I turned our Hall light off at 9.30 pm. Late enough for small kids and I wasn't bothered about bigger ones as over here they tend to go to parties rather than trick or treating. At 11pm I accidentally switched it on again instead of another light and blow me, there was the silhouette of two tall people and they banged on the door. I ignored them and flipped off the light again. There's one thing chancing your arm at a decent time but not as late as that.

I was very relieved to discover my car hadn't got flour and eggs over it.
The Decision to Survive - A good pilot is both born and made. The best would look upon his work as a combination of adventure and a serious mission. – Major General Sir Frederick Sykes
Fairblue
Air marshal
Air marshal

Reading now: War in a Stringbag - Charles Lamb
Reading next: Depends on my mood
My top chap: Bertie - who else?
Starsign: Leo

Postby OzBiggles1963 » 01 Nov 2015, 02:56

tiffinata wrote:Happy Halloween.
We had one lot of trick or treaters that I can only describe as freeloading teens. No costumes.
I have a strange desire to open a couple of bottles of tomato sauce and throw them round and rip the heads off a few toys.

No trick or treating around here in the 'burbs, mainly due to the fact that 99% of our local population would probably celebrate Chinese New Year instead [February 19 in 2015 & February 8 in 2016], & have no clue what Halloween represents...we always hear firecrackers in the streets, although supposedly 'illegal' to purchase or use in our state, without permission or a special exemption 'permit' since the early 1970's etc. :D
They've been working together for so long that each seems to know by a sort of telepathy when another is in trouble. One never seems to get them together. Get one & the others come after him. To give the devil his due they make a formidable team.
OzBiggles1963
Wing commander
Wing commander

Reading last: Ginger Lacey: Fighter Pilot
Reading now: Danger UXB; The Little Prince
Reading next: History Of The Luftwaffe [1936-1945]
My top chap: J.C. Bigglesworth MC, DFC, DSO
Starsign: Scorpio
Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire
Random: "Live long and prosper."

Postby Spitfire666 » 01 Nov 2015, 09:32

tiffinata wrote:Happy Halloween.

When I first moved here we had some small children, looked like perhaps boy scouts cubs; I had got in some apples, because I don't approve of too many sweets. They were really impressed with the apples and went away very happy. 8-) Haven't seen any in the last couple of years, however. A custom copied from America that I think has pretty much died out here now.
If there's one thing certain in this uncertain world it is that Algy won't go home without us.

http://wejas.org.uk
Spitfire666
Site Orderly
Site Orderly

Postby Lilian Thompson » 04 Nov 2015, 08:53

We didn't get anyone here which was nice. We don't buy lollies for other people. Our electric gate stopped working so it stayed open but no one came.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.
Lilian Thompson
Flight lieutenant
Flight lieutenant

Reading last: Rangers Apprentice 8 by John Flanagan
Reading now: Rangers Apprentice 9 by John Flanagan
Reading next: Rangers Apprentice 10 by John Flanagan
My top chap: von Stalhein
Aircraft: Sopwith Camel
Random: School over—eat, sleep, read

Previous

Return to Pilots Mess